Unbleached Grass Silk Natural Sea Sponge for cleaning/arts
This is a luxurious unbleached and uncut Grass Silk Natural Sea Sponge picked freshly from the Mediterranean Sea. Standard yellow sponges are bleached to wash away their natural brown colour. While this results in a yellow colour, the sponge is known to lose some strength and durability. This particular sponge is not bleached and so retains its original colour and strength.
Being less dense than honeycomb or fine silk versions, they are easy to squeeze, and represent the best value for money. They are also more absorbent than synthetic sponges and are ideal for cleaning, arts and decoration.
As they were once living organisms, natural sea sponges tend to vary in shape and size. You will receive one that is formed (rounded) in shape. Natural sea sponges have a somewhat flat bottom as this is where they are cut from the ocean floor to release them, and is the case with all natural sea sponges.
- The sponge is not bleached and so retains its orginal colour and strength.
- sponge has natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties so will not go musty.
- Unlike a synthetic sponge no chemicals are used. It will last for many years without disintegrating
- Sponge becomes super soft when wet and will expand by up to 15% in size
- Generally used in cleaning, arts and decoration
- Colour: Brown
- Weight: 25 grams